Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lotsa Stuph

Well here come a bunch of updates in no particular order....

I took my mother-in-law to nearby truck stop this afternoon so she could meet up with her husband. As I've stated in my last post they are over the road truckers and she stayed with us for 2 weeks. It really was a blessing to have her here and to have the peace of mind knowing that my mom had some companionship while Muffin and I dog and house sat last week for her old boss. I know it was very hard for her to be separated from her husband for that long and words can't express how grateful we are that she did. They have an opportunity that could get them off the road and settled into a permanent residence, so if y'all could pray about that when you get a chance it would be much appreciated.

Speaking of house sitting, it went well and was even a bit relaxing. But having to care for that many dogs was not an easy task. Let me clarify, these dogs are purebreds Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Papillons that are very well taken care of. Some are bred to be shown, but all are bred to be pets. Just want to clear that up before PETA starts picketing my house. The really good news is that we are going to be getting 2 of the spaniels for our own. They are basically the runts of their litters and according the breeder, they probably shouldn't have survived birth. She actually had to bottle feed one of them because it wasn't able to nurse. Their names for now are Sammy and Suzi, but we are probably gonna change them to Aslan and Lilybet and their pictures are right here. That's Lilybet on the left and Aslan on the right.



I'm finishing up a book called "When Bad Christians Happen To Good People." by Dave Burchett. It really is an incredibly insightful book and at times it's been a punch in the gut that's helped me realize how incredibly condescending and stupid the image we christians project to those outside of our faith really is. I would highly recommend to anyone who's read anything by Donald Miller, Rob Bell, Frankie Schaeffer, etc.

Next week Muffin and I are headed to southern West Virginia for our first ever missions trip. I'll post pictures and updates from there if I can, if not I'll do it when I get back.

DISCLAIMER: This next paragraph is a sports rant and I saved it for last. Cause I know some of you just don't care.

What is the world are Brian Cashman and the Yankee front office thinking??!!! The best deal you could do at the trade deadline was Wilson Betemit for Scott Proctor??? Mariano Rivera basically pleaded for bullpen help on the radio last night and you trade away the guy who has more innings out of the bullpen (note I didn't say good innings) than anybody else??? I can only think that you didn't wanna give up what Texas was asking for Gagne and have basically said this season will be what it will be with the team we have.

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Congratulations on the new babies!
Have a great time on your missions trip!
Love to mom and Shasta!

Faith said...

I'm going to have to check out that book!

Oh hello- I'm blogging now. We'll see how long that lasts.

Have fun on the trip!