Thursday, July 12, 2007

Random Stuph 07/12

So we went to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Saturday night and it was a very good show. The only thing that got under my skin was Faith mentioning that she and Tim were supposed to play "Live Earth" that day but didn't, but she wanted to remind all of us to turn off our lights, drive less, etc. At which point I rolled my eyes. the irony is the lights for one night of this tour probably equal a years worth of lights for a small town. Not too mention the multiple buses, trailers, etc. that are required for a tour this size. I'll guarantee Tim and Faith's carbon footprint is a tad bit bigger than mine. It's amazing how the whole global warming phenom has turned into a cause celebre' and is being taken as fact by people who have no clue whether it's real or not.

If you get a chance to check out the band Between The Trees, you should. I've caught the video for "The Way She Feels" on TVU and it's a great song with a great message. I'm planning on picking up the album this weekend and I'll let you know how it is.

I was watching SportsCenter this morning and they're reporting that the Yankees will probably offer Alex Rodriguez a new contract worth somewhere between 30-32 million a year. All that to play a game!!! There are so many things wrong with that, that I can't even begin to list. I'm a sports fan and I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching but there is no way to justify paying someone that much money to play a game. How about we pass some of that money on to the people who protect us, save our lives and teach our children?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We caught some of the Live Earth concerts on TV and that is exactly what I told Richard - here they are telling me to use less napkins while they are using all that electricity to have their concert. Right.