Friday, July 06, 2007

Road Trip

So my nephew Kyle says he really likes my blog and that it's funny but I don't update enough and I should start posting more. He' right, I have family and friends that are kinda spread all over the place and at least 3 or 4 check this regularly to see what's going on. Today's post is not real funny, so if you're looking for humor you should probably stop reading now.

Yesterday was an interesting day, Muffin and I traveled to Pennsylvania for a friends brothers funeral, which is never a happy occasion, but this one was made worse by the fact that the deceased was 36 and had passed away after battling cancer for 5 years. It's easy to say well it was for the best and he's better off now. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that he's completely healed now. But seeing the family and the obvious grief they were going through was definitely not easy, and I can't even begin to imagine how much hurt, pain and confusion they are dealing with right now. People have asked me why does God allows cancer, or rape, or murder or any of the innumerable bad things that go on in this world. It's easy to try and sound spiritual and ramble on about a lot of things here but the only excuse God offers is Easter, that's it. A risen savior that took all the sin and will one day return to set everything right and complete.

Not that yesterday was a total downer, we rode up with our friends Randy and Mara and had the chance to talk and catch up and just spend some quality time together. It was just one of those trips that I think we'll look back on in the years to come and smile and be thankful for the time we spent.

1 comments:

justjuls said...

I agree with Kyle!
You should post more. I miss you big guy!