Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Wrap (Up)

Joanne got the song lyric, it was Paul McCartney and Wings "Wonderful Christmastime." Which happens to be one of my favorite modern Christmas songs.

So I survived Christmas for another year. We even got the tree up and decorated this year. I really enjoyed the day this year. We slept in and got up when we were all ready and opened presents. My favorite part was watching Shasta open the KitchenAid mixer I got her and watching mom open the books and other things we got her. I got a the coffeemaker I wanted. The Hamilton Beach Brewstation Plus and I LOVE IT, do y'all hear me??? I am a coffee snob and this is the perfect coffee maker for me. It doesn't have a coffee pot. It brews the coffee and keeps it warm in the top part of the maker and when you want a cup you just push your cup against the button and it fills it up! She also got me a really awesome coffee grinder that kicks major tail. Both of these were perfect presents for me and will get much use. The really nice thing was just spending time at home. We never left the house, which is very unusual for us. We stayed home, napped, played on the computer, XBox, ate, read and just enjoyed family time, which was the best present I think any of us got.

Had a really good class with my youth tonight. I had a bad headache and was pretty cranky in the hours leading up to leaving but once I got there I had a peace and the lesson (which in all honestly I threw together at pretty much the last minute) went surprisingly well.

6 comments:

justjuls said...

From one coffee (somewhat) snob to another - can Shasta be my wife next year???

Kate said...

Probably a caffeine headache!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to come and check out the coffee pot. I have yet to find something I like better than the percolator. I don't want to buy anything new until I check it out. And my poor pot is dying a slow painful death and we just baby it along.

D said...

OK NW, you've got me stumped. Who are you?

Anonymous said...

Ooh ooh (waiving hand in the air) I think I know who NW is...Kathie!??!?

By the way D, you are the master of "throw it together" lessons.
...my kids are always impressed.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I thought you would know it was me, since we sit and talk about how WONDERFUL Seattle is and how we like Starbucks. Sorry.