Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Huh??!!!

So I'm sitting here in my office and mom is watching some Christmas from Ford's Theater special out in our living room. Which was all well and good up to the point where they introduced Olivia Newton-John and she comes and sings (drum roll, palpable suspense here) White Christmas, no, (tension builds) Jingle Bells, uh uh, (can you freakin stand it??) Grandma Got Run Over..., nope! She's singing Xanadu!!!! Why in the world would you sing that song on a Christmas special??? Why would you sing it at all, it's a mediocre song from a lousy movie.

Speaking of mom, it's great that she's able to sit and watch anything tonight. She took a fall last night and dislocated her shoulder. From about 6:45 to 10:30 she was in excruciating pain, and the process at the emergency room just really seemed to drag. They finally sedated her, popped it back in and she has been much better ever since. Muffin has a more detailed posting on her blog. I for one am extremely thankful that it was something that was easily fixed and that nothing was broken or torn. It is extremely difficult to watch her go through something like that and not be able to ease any of her pain. I'm thankful that last night, Muffin and the Sunday Obsession entourage were all there and that gave mom comfort and me the peace of mind so I didn't feel like I had to do it all on my own. Thank you all for helping. To Mark for rubbing her back, to Faithy for the song, Tina, Tina and Denise for the blanket, Richie and Homer for just talking and sitting with her while we waited on the ambulance. Justin for moving my car and meeting the ambulance at the entrance to the development. And to everyone else for praying and helping out. If I missed something specific you did, charge it to my head and not my heart cause everything was very much appreciated and am extremely grateful to you all.

I snapped this picture as they were loading her into the ambulance. I wonder if this counts as a "Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes?"

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Oh my gosh! That picture! In the Francis' garage!
Hugs and Kisses to dear Mrs. Ruth! I can't believe that. Poor baby. I hate to hear it - although Shasta told us first!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she is doing better.