Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Friends

I've been rolling this post around my noggin for a while now and I couldn't think of a good way to start so, here goes. Up until the time I was in 9th grade I never really felt like I had any friends, through elementary and junior high I always felt like I never had friends. The summer after my eighth grade year we moved and it was like a whole new start for me. I actually meet some kids my age that I didn't know and built some relationships. One of which developed into a friendship with my boy Pete that is still going strong today. Anyway I've always felt this need to have friends and be liked and God has blessed me with an abundance of people I can call true friends. I try to be the friend that I want to have, does that make sense? And at times I know I fail miserably. But the old saying goes, a true friend is one that knows all your faults and loves you anyway. All I can say is that my friends truly know how to love.

Please keep my sister-in-law Angela, her husband Matt and my nephews Johnathan and Justin in your prayers. Matts mom passed away yesterday and I'm sure they are all missing her dearly. It was extremely difficult to take the call from my mother-in-law last night and not be able to run down the street to provide comfort. And as difficult as it was for me, I know it was even more difficult for Muffin.

1 comments:

justjuls said...

You always have a friend in Texas!

I read about the death in the family on Shasta's blog but wasn't sure who. It is so hard to be far away when people you love are hurting. We sort of had the opposite when my fil passed away - we were the alone ones.

I read this quote the other day about friendship - and sent it on to Mrs. Dimwhit - it says "A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body."
And perhaps in light of the two topics on this post that was totally inappropriate - and if so forgive me. It just cracked me up because it made me think of HER!

Also - do you want me to make you a button for your contest??? People can grab the graphic and put it up on their blogs or myspace and link it back here?
Up to you - I can try if you want.